Public Records Search

Alaska Public Records

Certificate Information

The Bureau of Vital Statistics handles all Alaska birth and death certificates, including new issues, modifications, and certified copies. Obtaining copies can be done by mail or in person at one of the three offices in Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau. It is suggested that if not in person, all requests be done by mail or fax. Expedited requests must be submitted by fax. You can find forms at the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services where you can order:

• Birth Certificate
• Heirloom Birth Certificate
• Death Certificate
• Stillborn Certificate
• Marriage Certificate
• Divorce Certificate

Regular processing times is 2-3 weeks and 4-6 weeks for heirloom requests. Expedited requests are usually processed in 3 business days and another 2 days for expedited shipping. Overnight shipping is not generally available to or from Alaska. Certified copies are $25 dollars and $20 each additional copy. Heirloom certificates are $50 and all rush orders add a $11 dollar fee. There may be other fees depending if records require authentication from a foreign country.

Marriage and divorce certificates can be requested by either spouse or their legal representative. Processing times are approximately 2-3 weeks and cost $25 dollars. Additional fees apply to requests that require additional services.

Adoption Records

Adoption records are available for the adoptee upon reaching the legal age of 18. Some non identifying information is also available to the birth parents through the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services. Parents may also leave information for the adoptee such as contact information, medical history, heritage, tribal membership and other misc data.

Birth Parent Contact Preference (PDF)

Property Records

There is a large amount of public information available through the Alaska Department of Natural Resources Recorder's Office. Records from 1974 to current are available for leins, deeds, plats, survey data, subdivisions, historic books and many other public data. Information dating before 1974 is available on film and will be converted in the future.

Recorder's Office Search