The Wisconsin Vital Records Office is responsible for the collection and distribution of birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates. Vital records are available from 1907 to present from the state office for a fee of $20 dollars. Additional copies are $3 dollars each. Expedited service is an additional $20 dollars.
Wisconsin Vital Records Office
1 West Wilson Street, Room 158
P.O. Box 309
Madison, WI 53701-0309
• Birth Certificate Application Form (PDF)
• Fax Birth Certificate Form (PDF)
• Death Certificate Application Form (PDF)
• Fax Death Certificate Form (PDF)
• Marriage Certificate Application Form (PDF)
• Fax Marriage Certificate Form (PDF)
• Divorce Certificate Application Form (PDF)
• Fax Divorce Certificate Form (PDF)
Adult age (18) adoptees can make a request to obtain medical and genetic information regarding their birth family. Identity not being included. Requesting identifying information requires an affidavit of consent from each living birth parent or family member. There are a number of private voluntary adoption information centers to share information with separated family.
Local county government manages parcel and record searches including ownership information, tax information and land history.
• Milwaukee County Parcel Maps
• Dane County Parcel Information
• Waukesha County Data Warehouse
• Brown County Land Records
• Racine County Property Tax Inquiry
• Outagamie County Land Information
• Winnebago County Property Information
• Kenosha County Record Search
• Rock County GIS Database